Creamy Lemon Pasta

Tuesday, June 28, 2011


Delilah told me about this great lemon pasta recipe she has. But I couldn't remember it. This is an improvised version.

3 Chicken Breasts
2 Lemons

5C Chicken Broth
2tsp Garlic Powder
1tsp salt
Dash o' Pepper
Juice of 1 Lemon
1pkg dried Pasta

2C Half and Half
1C Frozen Peas
Zest from 1 Lemon

I cooked my chicken in a pressure cooker. I slapped those breasts with a little salt. Cut up the lemons and juiced them into the pot then threw the cut up lemons in, a touch of water and cooked them up in a jiffy. If you don't have a pressure cooker get one! It makes cooking up chicken a dream.

Cube up the chicken. I set my cooked chicken aside but saved the broth that it had made. In a big pot I added the reserved broth and enough canned broth to get about 5 cups. Salt, pepper, garlic powder and the lemon juice makes the broth the perfect spa day for the pasta. Add the pasta and let it cook up until most of the liquid is gone.

Take it off the heat and then add chicken, half and half, zest and peas. Stir it up and even my kidlets ate it.

Things I would have done different? I think I would have roasted and added some walnuts with the chicken. I think the crunch would have been nice. You could also replace the peas with broccoli and even top with a little Parmesan if you like things cheese. I suppose you could use full cream but the lemon is so light and lovely I didn't want to make the sauce too heavy (or my thighs).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Spotlight Ingredient Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino