Raspberry Lemonade Bread

Tuesday, June 28, 2011


This is one of those inspired by recipes. I saw this recipe as I was surfing around and it looks incredible. I knew I wanted to make it. I also knew that I wanted to Tera-fy it. My favorite drink out is Raspberry Lemonade. Hands down my favorite berry of all, my favorite fruit of all is the raspberry. They blend perfectly with lemons so, I had to give it a try. I followed her recipe exactly except for this...

I took about 4TBS of Raspberries and a TBS of raw sugar and nuked that until they were soft and juicy and the physical representation of heaven in my kitchen. Then I added about a TBS of this yumness into each mini loaf. I just folded it in. I wanted it to ripple through the bread and not be totally incorporated.

The other twist I did was to add 1/4c of raspberries to the lemon juice sugar glaze. Oh my gravy boat! I made the mistake of trying this before I topped it on the cooled loaves. I could barely stop myself from downing it and going glaze less on the loaves. But don't it's totally worth it.

Try this!
I did a BOLD Italic on the things I added.


FOR THE CAKES:
½ cups Butter, Softened
1 cup Granulated Sugar
2 whole Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 whole Large Lemon, Zested (about 5 Teaspoons Zest)It took me 2 lemons to get this
½ cups Sour Cream
1-½ cup All Purpose Flour, Sifted
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
¼ teaspoons Baking Soda
¼ teaspoons Salt
3 Tablespoons Milk
4TBS Raspberries
1TBS Raw Sugar

FOR THE GLAZE:
¼ cups Fresh Lemon Juice
½ cups Granulated Sugar
1/2c Raspberries

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray mini pans with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in eggs, vanilla, lemon zest and sour cream. Scrape the sides and mix again. With the mixer on low speed, incorporate all dry ingredients until just combined, then stir in the milk. Scrape the sides and mix a few more times by hand. Spoon batter equally into prepared pans. Nuke raspberries and raw sugar until warm and lovely, about 30 seconds. Fold in a TBS of Raspberry and Raw Sugar mixture into each loaf. Bake 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown and are baked thoroughly. I used Pampered Chef clay mini loaf pan and it took about 25 minutes.
While lemon loaves are baking, mix ingredients together for the glaze and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds or so to dissolve the sugar into the lemon juice. The glaze is done once the sugar has dissolved.

Once loaves come out of the oven, cool at least 15 minutes before removing from the pans. Spoon glaze over the loaves and continue to cool completely. Store in airtight containers until ready to serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Spotlight Ingredient Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino